Desserts: Lemon Cake
This recipe originally appeared on Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- 345 g AP flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c unsalted butter, room temperature
- 350 g granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 c buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1/3 c (80ml) fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease three 8-inch cake pans, line with parchment paper, then grease the parchment paper.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
Combine agreements using creaming method. Mix the butter and salt until light & fluffy. Add liquids. Add solids.
Pour batter evenly into cake pans. Bake for 24 minutes or until the cakes are baked through. Test with a toothpick.
- These cakes are not thick - only about an inch
- This cake goes quite well with raspberry buttercream
- The original recipe called for 9-inch pans and a 21 - 26 minute bake time